Over 20 years of experience handling personal injury cases.
Matthew D. Richardson graduated from George Washington University Law School
in 1983, with honors, after completing 5 years as an officer in the U.S.
Army. Matt began his legal career in as a law clerk for U.S. District
Judge H. Kenneth Wangelin. He practiced for several years in St. Louis
in the area of commercial litigation, before moving his practice to Poplar
Bluff in 1989.
Matt is a seasoned trial attorney and a graduate of the National Institute
for Trial Advocacy, with numerous successful jury and non-jury trials
during his 20-year practice. Medical negligence and personal injury are
his primary area of concentration. He is a member of the Missouri Association
of Trial Attorneys and the American Trial Lawyers Association and served
as Municipal Judge for Poplar Bluff, Missouri from 1991 through 2002.
Areas of Practice
- Medical Negligence
- Personal Injury
- Missouri, 1983
- Illinois, 1984
- U.S. Federal Court, 1983
- George Washington University National Law Center,
- Washington, DC, 1983 J.D. (With Honors)
- United States Military Academy, West Point, New York, 1975 B.S.
- Boston University, Boston, MA, USA, 1980 MBA
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Missouri Association of Trial Attorneys - Member
- American Association for Justice – Member
Past Employment Positions
- U.S. Army, Officer
- Hon. H. Kenneth Wangelin, U.S. District, Law Clerk
- Poplar Bluff, Missouri, Municipal Judge, 1991-2002